In this day and age, it’s common that before you purchase anything, you research it online. According to Google, about 85 percent of people read about products online before going to the store to make a purchase. Customers check specifications, reviews and group discussions online to know more about a product.
Naturally, customers trust other customers who have used the product they want to buy. Companies, therefore, have to come up with several strategies to manipulate the demand according to suit their benefits.
The flow of information about your product can come from any other website apart from yours. People discuss products on social media and sites such as YouTube. In that entire process, your company has to have an identity your customers will trust more than other people’s opinions. Brand loyalty has grown in importance not only because of customer reviews, but the competition in the free market. If you do not invest in digital marketing, your company will suffer great losses in both the short and long term.
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to improve your digital marketing:
A Well-Designed Website
- Add videos to your website to make it more appealing. About 70 percent of the traffic you receive every day is more prone to stay on your website if you have videos thoroughly describing the product.
- A mobile friendly website is a necessity, as people nowadays use smartphones more than any other electronic device to look for products and services.
- Update your website to meet current world standards. A sleek and relevant design can attract more customers for you. Always stay relevant and trendy.
- Hire good content writers that can incorporate basic SEO strategies. Your website can receive a lot more traffic if certain keywords are properly used.
Be Active on Social Media
- Much of the world’s population uses social media sites to search for products they want. For example, a friend recommends a link that can takes you to an external commercial site. You look for the product, read all the necessary information and make the purchase. This can be done in your company’s favor, as well.
- Your employees can help you out when it comes to social media. They can share product details on their wall on Facebook or upload a picture of it on Instagram. Either ways, you will be utilizing an untapped resource.
- Maintain a Facebook page where people can openly write reviews of your products and services. It is a quick way of ensuring potential customers have a good impression of you from the get-go.
- Capitalize the first letter of the tagline you are putting on your ads.
- Make sure to know what keywords you want to use in your ads. The right headline can direct a lot of traffic to your site.
- Add correct punctuation. Customers are more likely to notice such things and might not click on the ad, thinking that it is a scam.